Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Last night was Halloween, and I was out and about to witness some very interesting costumes.
More and more, Halloween fashion has transformed from fun and silly costumes to the most creative, best put together, best makeup, and many times in college -- most revealing costume styles.
Many of the popular ones I have seen this season are:
  • Sexy Cop
  • Sexy Nurse
  • Sexy Bunny
  • Sexy Cat
  • Sexy Anything? 
I am sometimes apalled at what people decide is a costume or clothing. Last night, I saw a girl wrapped purely in bubble wrap. Oh, that's a costume? I had no idea.
Personally, if I am going to dress up for Halloween, I am going to try and do something creative. I thought I was being creative, until the same costume surfaced all over Facebook, but never the less, I chose Black Swan.

I have two favorite parts about this costume. The first is the corset. I have never worn a corset before, but have always wanted to. Although this one was a little bit cheap (pleather, Charlotte Russe, $15) it did give me my first corset experience, so I like it. Wow are they fun! I don't think my posture has ever been better. Loved wearing that. I also LOVED the makeup. It was so much fun to do, I watched Youtube videos to teach me how to do the specific Black Swan makeup. When I was done, I was so proud of myself.

I enjoyed the spectacle of Halloween from my corset and black swan-y eyes, and I can only imagine what next year will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment